|Coolest thing EVER!|
|Amazing how they built this all out of snow and ice|
As we walked through those big wooden doors in the igloo I felt like Mr. Tumnus should greet us and take us to our table! Once seated, I kept looking over my shoulder to see if the White Witch was going to show up and offer us a hot drink and some Turkish Delight.
|Not necessarily the wardrobe but pretty close|
I cannot imagine what it is like to eat there at night. I was so cold I ate my food double-time because I was scared it would get cold AND because my behind was FREEZING! Our waiter "Mr. Tumnus" a.k.a "Passing Through" had to bring me extra padding for my seat.
|Take a load off|
2-Course Lunch Menu
The meal is technically 3 courses unless they consider the soup/appetizer selection to be an amuse bouche and do not want to count it. It is more than a bite size and it is quite filling! For just $22.50 (Canadian dollars) a person you get the 2/3 Course lunch depending on whose counting which consists of:
- Soup du jour OR Appetizer du jour
- Pulled Pork Burger OR Cajun Salmon Naan OR Grilled Chicken Wrap OR Risotto Osco!
- Chocolate Fondant
Soup du jour
We had the Carrot Soup and it was so good. I had my concerns about the temperature since it was a bit chilly but it was nice and hot which helped warm me up from the inside out.
|Definitely NOT Campbell's Soup|
This was a very difficult decision because all of the options sounded fab but I think we made the right choice.
- Pulled Pork Burger with Cranberry, Granny Smith Apple and Barbecue Sauce
- Cajun Salmon Naan Bread with Lemoned Avocado and Crunchy Romaine
- Grilled Chicken Wrap with Spicy Mayo, Sweet Pepper and Melted Swiss Cheese Piperade
- Risotto a la Osco! with Mushrooms and Parmesan
|Pulled Pork was ridiculous|
|No words...I tore this up!|
Chocolate Fondant with Chestnut English Cream. Need I say more?
|I am a chocoholic!|
Other Things to Note
We found our overall experience to be quite enjoyable but there are a few things to note:
- It really is cold so you need to make sure you bundle up and WEAR GLOVES.
- For lunch you have to pay for Snow Village admission in addition to your meal.
- There is a 50% deposit when you make your reservation.
- There is a $16 children's menu
- Children don't be worried, Chef Saunier captured the White Witch and put her in the prison at the restaurant!
|Jadis the White Witch can't harm you|
You too can visit Narnia as well and you better hurry before it melts! Restaurant de Glace Pommery a.k.a Narnia is open Thursday through Monday for both Lunch (11 a.m. - 3 p.m.) and Dinner (5 p.m. - 12 a.m.).
|Narnia IS a magical place|
130 Chemin du Tour
Montreal, QC H3C438, Canada